Saturday, May 31, 2008

Business....

Okay... so this is weird.  I'm in Bejing now and I can create, edit, and publish posts but I can't view my own blog.  I also can't view anyone else's.  (so bummed Nicole!)  So I guess I am just going to hope things look formatted correctly, etc.  And... I guess I don't get to read Australia updates from Carey (and Maria) until I am back in the USA.  

Also, I can't view comments.  Luckily, I was able to change my preferences so your comments are emailed to me.  Any blogger loses all energy without feedback.  So while I can't post to your comments specifically, Dee, Nicole, and Carey thank you so much for reading and commenting!   Anyone else out there lurking, you can post a comment without registering and such.  You can stay "anonymous" and just sign your name.

Also, also... Richard, I emailed you again two days ago.  I asked how the interview with Dillingham went and also if I had left three small DS games there.  But... you haven't responded.  Which means you probably still aren't getting my emails.  Or you hate me.  What is up?!!

Also, also, also... Nicole, I heard we are, at the closest, 1,000 miles away from any earthquake ridden areas.  But really... I can't tell you where we're going.  I'm just along for the ride.  All I know at this point is that we are in Bejing.  

Did you know Bejing and Peeking (as in Peeking duck) are the same place?  They decided to switch from the Cantonese pronunciation of the word to the Mandrin pronunciation a few years back.  The airport code for Bejing is PEK.  Just like the airport code for Ho Chi Minh City (formerly known as Saigon) is SGN.  And Istanbul was once Constantinople and Old New York was once New Amsterdam.  And Myanmar will always be Burma to me.  

And just because it seems strange to have a post with no picture.  Here's a business-themed picture for you.  Yeah, that's me... as I type this.  In my nightgown... unshowered.  That's Marissa's sleeping leg back there (she even sleeps like me with one leg out of the covers!)  It is, after all, 5:00am Hong Kong time.

No comments: